WHAT IS CORRUPTION : According to transparence international,corruption means the misuse of the entrusted authority or power for private gains.In other words corruption is the unethical conduct by a person entrusted with a position of authority to gain personal benefits at the expense of others.So we must think about the corruption solutions.And also think about the approaches to minimizing the corruptions.In this article we discuss some corruption solutions methods to prevent our nation from corruption.
APPROACHES TO MINIMIZING CORRUPTION:
ROLE OF SOCIETY
Man is a social animal and the society in which he lives, plays a very important role shaping his behavior and attitude. Generally, it is observe that if a person lives in a corruption free society then he also tends to develop hatred towards the corruption but if he lives in a corrupt society then he also develops liking for the corruption. The society as a whole need to transform his attitude to reduce the corruption.
ROLE OF FAMILY
Family plays an utmost role in any person’s life. It may proves effective for reduce the corruption in the country. Parents should inculcate moral values in their children from the childhood. Apart from the general and technical education focus should also be given to moral education. The family pressure can also be use to reduce the instances of corruption.
ROLE OF MEDIA
Media is known as the fourth pillar of democracy. Media can play one of the most effective roles in reducing the corruption. Electronic media, Print media and Social media should use to make the people aware against corruption. Social media can use to create a sustained movement against corruption. Electronic media should show special programs against corruption in their primetime. Those persons who fight against corruption will able to take support by media and project them as the role models for the future generations. The list of corrupt people will made public by the government using the media.
Solutions Of Corruption
- Development of moral values and ethics.
- Use of information technologies (e-governance, m-governance etc).
- Increasing the scope and awareness of RTI.
- Single window system.
- Time bound services (such as M.P. Lok Seva Guarantee Act).
- Increasing the awareness among people against corruption by the use of classical conditioning.
- Increasing the opportunities of employment.
- Social boycott of the corrupt people.
- Simplification of Rules.
- Ending middlemen’s in government contracts.
- Effective implementation of the Direct Benefit Transfer Schemes.
- Implementing the accountability of Government Officers.
- Specialized Fast track courts for handling the cases of corruption.
- Strict punishments will be awarded in the corruption cases.
- Disproportionate Assets should confiscated by the government and to be use for public good.
- Effective grievance redressal mechanism.
- More autonomy to agencies such as CBI, CVC, Anti-corruption Bureau etc.
A whistleblower is a person who exposes any activity that is joint with illegal or unethical organizations. Thus, whistleblower makes people aware about the corrupt practices going in the organization. Ex: Edward Snowden, Dr Sanjeev Chaturvedi, Dr Anand Rai and many more. Whistleblowers also face stiff retaliation from those who are accused or allege of wrongdoing and there is a continuous danger to their life.Thus the protection of whistleblower is a very important issue. It is the responsibility of the government to provide protection to the whistleblower. Whistleblower Protection Act is make by the Indian Parliament is an important step in this direction.
corruption Perceptions index for India is of rank 76 and for countries like denmark is very very high [less corrupt].And perceptions index for country like sudan is very low [most corrupt].corruption rate is inverse of corruption perception index.